Communication is key
Lizard Centre has an excellent team of qualified speech therapists who can address your child’s communication skills and ensure that they are on the path towards personal independence.
Call us on 1300 752 617
Speech therapy and occupational therapy (OT) are accompaniments to ABA therapy, and may be included in Early Intensive Behavioural Intervention programs.
Our team of highly specialised Paediatric Speech and Language Pathologists and Therapists diagnose and treat children with a variety of problems, including:
- Delayed or disordered development of language
- Phonological and articulation disorders
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech (Dyspraxia)
- Listening and attention disorders
- Communication disorders secondary to a diagnosis of ASD
- Eating and oral motor problems
- Fluency (stuttering) and Literacy difficulties
- Augmentative and Alternative communication - PECS and Proloquo2go
It is found to be most effective when our Speech Therapist train and work in close collaboration with our Senior Behaviour Therapists, parents and families to promote and improve functional communication in your child’s natural environment. Assessments for your child in areas of speech, language and literacy are conducted frequently to monitor progress and improve the program.
Speech therapy sessions are conducted on a weekly basis for one hour. The length of the child’s session and the intensity of session will be determined based upon the needs of the child and in consultation with parents.