We offer professional and personalised behaviour and learning supports for:
Lizard is currently registered for Positive Behaviour Support and Therapy Supports for 7 years and above. We cater for NDIS Managed, plan managed, self-managed and private clients.
NDIS REGISTRATION ID: 4050005836
How Lizard Can Help You Utilise NDIS Autism Funding
The NDIS provides support to Australian people living with disabilities, which is both exciting and overwhelming. The good news is that Lizard is well-equipped to help families understand the NDIS and how the NDIS funding for autism can support early intervention services. Lizard has helped many families across the country to obtain the NDIS autism funding available for access to early intensive behavioral intervention.
NDIS funding for autism helps young children that are living with autism spectrum disorder connect with the right supports to pursue their goals, develop skills needed to increase their age-appropriate independence, assist with community participation, and develop the ability to actively take part in community activities.
Lizard is dedicated to assisting families in gaining access to NDIS autism funding and providing support options for access to early intensive behavioral intervention, based on Positive Behaviour Supports, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). ABA is an evidence-based, comprehensive intervention with proven positive outcomes for children living with autism. The program is tailored to your child’s unique requirements, which promotes development, well-being, and community participation.
Lizard can help you access NDIS autism funding services in several ways:
- Conduct an initial developmental assessment or re-assessment to pinpoint your child’s strengths and skill deficits. Our assessments are developmentally sequenced, and norm referenced, so it is easy to see where your child has skill deficits relative to typically developing children of the same age.
- Summarise the results of the assessment into a developmental summary report for you to bring to your planning meeting.
- Meet with you to review the set goals for your child.
- Complete a goals and measurable objectives document (program plan), in which we break down your long-term goals for your child into a set of measurable teaching objectives.
- Provide you with a document describing how Lizard services are delivered, which highlights our evidence-based intervention strategies.
- Provide you with accompanying documents (relevant research and best practice recommendations) to support your request for funding for ABA therapy.
- Prepare and submit any required progress reports, to show the gains your child has made since commencing ABA therapy.
We are an BACB ACE provider, a sponsoring member of the Association for Science in Autism Treatment, and a sponsoring member of the Australian Behavioural Intervention Association.
Your child’s access to the NDIS funding for autism will be assessed at each plan review. This is to check that the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) support services are effective and encouraging for your child. If your child’s development has improved and they have achieved their goals, they may no longer need support from the NDIS. Different life stages demand distinct NDIS funding for autism supports, as such you may see changes in the funding that you receive from the NDIS for your child.
Contact our Intake and NDIS Liaison Manager for Assistance.
Call us on 1300 752 617
Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5pm (AEST)