Communication is key
Lizard Centre has an excellent team of qualified speech language pathologists who can address your child’s communication and swallowing needs and work towards their independence.
Call us on 1300 752 617
Speech therapy for all children
At Lizard Centre, our team of qualified paediatric speech and language pathologists assess, diagnose and treat:
• Language delays/disorders
• Speech sound disorders
• Childhood Apraxia of Speech
• Literacy difficulties
• Difficulties with social skills
• Swallowing and feeding disorders
• Communication disorders secondary to ASD diagnosis
• Augmentative and Alternative Communication (e.g. PECS, Proloquo2Go)
Speech therapy can help your child in a number of critical areas:
• Understanding what is being said to them such as questions, instructions and the meanings of words
• Expressing their ideas and needs through verbal words or pictures/gesture. It can also help them to use appropriate sentence structures, grammar and words.
• Pronouncing words clearly so others can understand them
• Developing and maintaining friendships through using appropriate social skills such as having a conversation, using eye contact and understanding non-verbal cues such as facial expressions and gestures
• Reading and writing at school for learning in the classroom.
• Eating a range of foods safely and efficiently and making mealtimes a positive experience